We are delighted to announce that the “Blog Medical Anthropology / Medizinethnologie”, Curare: Journal of Medical Anthropology, the Global South Studies Center Cologne, and boasblogs have jointly launched the new blog series „Witnessing Corona“. >> See our recent contributions to the series HERE!
We are inviting further contributions of max 2000 words that address questions of:
- social solidarity and moral blaming
- living a life in social and/or physical isolation
- unequal biosocial and/or psychological vulnerabilities
- political-economic implications for healthcare infrastructures
- historically contingent forms, possibilities, and risks of governmental intervention
- and a host of other themes related to the Corona pandemic whose understanding will benefit from a (medical) anthropological perspective.
The contributions may range from theory- or ethnography-based articles to more personally tinged reflections in the form of a think piece. They can be in English or German. Pictures, drawings, small videos etc. are welcome (please provide captions and copyright information)! More detailed author information for the Witnessing Corona series can be found here.
The Witnessing Corona editorial team:
Hansjörg Dilger (Freie Universität Berlin), Clemens Eisenmann (Universität Siegen), Martina Gockel-Frank (GSSC), Clemens Greiner (GSSC), Claudia Lang (Universität Leipzig), Dominik Mattes (Freie Universität Berlin), Christine Rath (GSSC), Nasima Selim (Freie Universität Berlin), Mirko Uhlig (Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz), Ehler Voss (University of Bremen)